The Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) and The Saint Lucia Coalition of Service Industries (SLCSI) in collaboration with Caribbean Export Development Agency (CEDA) are inviting interested young animators to participate in a 5 days boot camp from August 6th to 10th, 2018, at the National Skills Development Centre, ICT Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m in Saint Lucia.
This initiative presents an excellent opportunity to engage and meet with animators from the OECS and inspire them to innovate and remain on the vanguard of new developments in the industry.
The Boot Camp is expected to:
- refine existing animation projects to meet international standards and gain international appeal.
- allow animators within the region to collaborate towards the development of export ready products.
- assist participants in the development of a prototype (s)
- map the animation sector in the region to determine its capacity for exports
- allow animators in the region to network and gain contacts pertinent to their sector
- improve the skills of individuals with export potential in the sector and assist them in identifying and understanding opportunities which exist internationally for their work.
The criteria for interested participants are:
- Must be working on an existing animation project
- Must have a script for the existing project
- Must have prior knowledge of animation
Young animators are encouraged to apply. The cost of participation is EC$150 and support for participation will include airfare, accommodation, meals and training.
The deadline for registration is July 31st, 2018. Only one (1) animator from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines will be selected to participate.
Interested animators are asked to kindly inquire and apply through the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Coalition of Service Industries at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce.