Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has been added to the list of countries for which travellers fully (i.e. two doses and the second one being at least two weeks ago) vaccinated with AstraZeneca (including Covishield), Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen are exempt from quarantine in England.
The announcement by the Government of the United Kingdom took place on 7th October, 2021, and will be effective from Monday, 11th October, 2021. Forty-seven (47) countries and territories, which include Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to be removed from the red list.
The current red list of countries by the UK has now been reduced to seven (7) destinations and territories.
Persons traveling to the United Kingdom from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are asked to note the following:
1. Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated
Before you travel to England you must:
- book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
You will need to enter your COVID-19 test booking reference number on your passenger locator form.
2. When you arrive in England – fully vaccinated
After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2. If you will be in England for less than 2 days you still need to book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test. You only need to take the test if you are still in England on day 2. Should the traveller so wish, the Day 2 PCR test can be ordered by post and delivered and self-administered at the place where the traveller is staying. Day 5 or Day 8 tests are no longer required nor are self-isolation (unless the Day 2 test is positive). The requirements for entry into Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland will generally be the same but persons are asked to kindly check the situation via the www.gov.uk website.
1. Please visit the following website for more information on the updated protocols and formal announcement by the UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae.
2. To book a test before you travel to the UK visit the following website: https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider.
3. One caveat: the entry rules in the UK are subject to change on a regular basis, therefore it is important for travellers to check www.gov.uk before travel.